Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy News

I was going to wait a couple more weeks to announce this, but really its a miracle I made it this far without spilling the beans to everyone! :) Its true, I'm pregnant! We are very excited, grateful, happy but also very nervous. We are trying to have faith and not fear but its very hard.

A baby that is conceived after a loss is often referred to as a "Rainbow Baby", if you really think about it the term is very fitting. A rainbow comes in the midst of a storm, in fact you can't have a rainbow without the storm. Another angel mom says it best, "Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope." I just want to make it clear that Alexis is and always will be our first baby and will always be a part of our family. This pregnancy and new baby will help heal our heartache but this baby will also know that he/she has a big sister and we will always talk and include Alexis in our family. I've said this many times before, but I just don't want her to be forgotten.

So, we are entering a new part of our journey. So far everything looks great and the baby is growing. We've had two doctors appointments so far and at the last one we were able to hear and see a very strong heartbeat, 160 bpm. I've been pretty sick and "bleh" but I can't complain at all, I'm so grateful for this life inside of me.

Now, a lot of me has reservations about this post in that I don't want to hurt any of my wonderful angel mommy friend's feelings. I know it was hard for me to hear about others being pregnant and so I'm so sorry if this makes anyone kind of sad, but I want you to know that its okay and that I totally understand. I truly pray that this blessing will come to each of you. And I also have friends who have a hard time conceiving and I wish with ALL MY HEART that I could give this same blessing to you. Just know that I love you all and pray for you and am here for you!

16 comments:

Mariesa M. said...

That's soo exciting! I'm soo happy for you guys!

Kami said...

I am so happy for you! That is very exciting. I had been wondering if maybe you were pregnant...not much blogging lately and I know how the morning or all day sickness can take over. I will be praying for you, for the faith and strength you will need to get through the up coming months and for a very healthy baby! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

kelly lautenbach said...

Yay! :) Congratulations. Praying for a strong healthy baby with no complications...

April said...

I'm so excited for you. I have been dying for you to tell. YEAH!!!!!! I didn't know you were due in May, so you are farther than me I guess, I am due June 1st. How fun!!! I am sorry about the sickness, I too had been sick, but hey its a good sign right? You said it right, Alexis will always be your first baby. I hope you can have a great, perfect pregnancy and feel peace. So happy for you. All the emotions are ok to have as well. Love ya, hang in there girly.

Winston and Adrienne said...

Congrats again Amy and Zach we are so happy for you guys! What a cute ultrasound!

Elise said...

This is VERY Happy News!! This just makes me smile. We are very happy for you two and will keep your family in our prayers. CONGRATS!!!!!!

Nicole said...

Yea!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Todd just yelled my name and shoved the computer in my face to show me this. We are SO EXCITED for you guys! We love you and are always praying for you. Hope you are feeling a little better soon.

R and R said...

What a wonderful post! We are so very happy for you and pray that all will be well.

Eldredge's said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

Wiseguys said...

YAY! Congrats Amy! I hope everything goes well for you!

Kathryn Pepper said...

Congrats Amy! You're in our prayers.

Erin said...

Congrats again! I love what you wrote about Rainbow Babies. I have never heard that before. Cali is in labor as I write this and I think I'll share this with her when I see her tomorrow.

Rylie said...

I am sooo sooo very excited for you! I have just been praying and waiting to hear this news for you guys! Rainbow babies are the best...It takes a storm to go through but it is totally worth it! Hang in there!

Carrie said...

I'm so happy for you Amy and Zach. I will look forward to the updates! Alexis will never be forgotten, but I do hope that this rainbow helps your hearts to heal.

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you! ((hugs)) I know the fear and stress you are feeling with a subsequent pregnancy (what they were called in "my" day, before the term "Rainbow" started). My "Rainbow baby" is now 6, and boy did I stress out during her pregnancy.

Anyway, congratulations!! Praying for you and baby!