Friday, February 5, 2010

Explanation

So I wanted to elaborate a little on my sweet husbands previous post! :) First though, don't I have the best husband ever?! He takes such good care of me, I really don't deserve him.

He is so cute, his idea for our anniversary is so sweet. And heres why, our very first date was a marathon all day thing. We went to Boondocks and he spent pretty much all his money on me and then we went to P.F. Changs for dinner and then we went to watch the Joseph Smith movie at the Legacy Theater. The funny thing is that the movie was my suggestion...I used a lame line, something like I wanted to see it on the big screen since I'd only seen it on smaller screens at other visitors centers. lol BUT what I REALLY wanted was an opportunity for him to hold my hand. :) And I figured a movie was perfect, and the movie is free. So we went and it was fun and I did ALL the signs that I wanted him to hold my hand but the silly boy DIDN'T!! I was SO MAD! lol

But now I'm glad he didn't, he was showing he was a gentleman and wasn't going to hold my hand on the first date. I had no idea that this was what he was planning for our anniversary and I'm so sad that I was an idiot and ruined it all. :( But we'll do it another day and it will be just as special. After I found out thats what he had wanted to do I told him we could do it another day and asked him if he would hold my hand this time...he said yes. :)

Just for fun I'll tell you a little more of the story. At the time I had 2 weeks off of EFY and was staying at my Grandma's in Orem. Zach lived about half an hour away. So our date was on a Thursday, and on Saturday Zach came down to take me to dinner after his work. We were going to be having a small family dinner on Sunday with a few of my cousins that were in town so I had asked my Grandma if it was okay if I invited Zach...if I could get up the courage! lol And I was pretty sure I wouldn't have the courage. So when Zach comes to pick me up, he meets my Grandma and SHE asks him about dinner!! lol It was funny, and I was secretly very glad my Grandma did the job for me.

So Zach and I leave and go to dinner or something and then we went and saw another movie (of course I'm thinking, okay here is his second chance to hold my hand!)...but HE DIDN'T!! grrrr! And I was OBVIOUS, he will tell you now that he knew I wanted him to hold my hand but he was a little chicken along with wanting to be a gentleman. :)

Then the next day (Sunday) he comes for dinner and of course we end up watching another movie that night, Work and the Glory because he hadn't seen it, and poor Grandma went to bed when we wanted to watch the second one too! lol And THEN he FINALLY held my hand! I know, I was being very impatient, but I knew I liked him and I knew I wanted him to hold my hand and I was getting impatient with all the chivalry. :) So he finally held my hand and the rest is history...here we are, married for 3 years and more in love than ever! We have gone through some hard things, and continue to go through hard things but as long as we are together we will be okay.

3 comments:

Brittanie said...

That's so cute, and I totally did that same thing trying to get Matt to hold my hand. lol

I once told someone that if we could survive the death of our first child, we could make it through anything. And we have. It's been hard, but I love him more than I ever thought I could.

((hugs))

R and R said...

Both of your posts were so great! Isn't that just life - it never quite turns out how we have it planned, but when you are with the ones you love it seems to be ok.

Gruwells said...

You have been through hard things, Ame...and I'm always so impressed at how you love and support each other.

And may I say, Go Grandma!!! I laughed out loud because I can just hear it in my mind!