Despite this knowledge it has still been very hard. A parent should never have to bury their child, especially their baby. We had the funeral this past Tuesday. We had a small service at the funeral home then a graveside dedication. We miss her terribly. I actually did better when I was in the hospital or at the funeral home holding her. Now that we can't hold her anymore in this life there is a great emptiness in our lives and our hearts. We were so excited...we had almost everything ready. My greatest desire is to be a mother and though I am still a mother I don't have the chance to raise my child in this life. And though we will have other children, Alexis will always be our first and hold a special place in our lives. I want to honor her, for people to know about her, I want her to be remembered. I'm so proud of her, and even though she is not with us I am still going to brag about her. :) She is perfect, our perfect angel. There was nothing wrong with her or me...I had had an almost perfect pregnancy. It is very sad...but the knowledge of the gospel and the many prayers of those we know and don't know have given us strength and great comfort. There have been so many who have sent messages, cards, flowers and meals, who have come and visited...we thank you all! Everyone's love and support has been such a strength. We are truly so grateful. Sweet Alexis has not only touched our lives but so many others as well and I hope her story will continue to inspire others.
Everyone at the hospital was amazing! They provided so many services to help us remember our little one. They did molds of her hands and feet, gave us books and other remembrance items. Also, Julie Williams, a phenomenal photographer that works for a non-profit organization called "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep", took beautiful, BEAUTIFUL pictures for us (thats where the ones at the top of our site came from) and an amazing video that I'm hoping to be able to post soon. How incredibly grateful we are for these memory items that so many people unselfishly gave to us! You don't even realize how important programs and organizations like these are until you need them so desperately.
We are doing okay...Zach has returned to work and school. I am still recovering and will return back to work in the middle of February. This experience has forever changed us and we will continue to change as we continue to grieve. We would appreciate everyone's continued prayers at this difficult time. Our testimonies have truly been strengthened. I feel like we are being carried by the Lord and through everyone's prayers. I am surprised at how well we are doing. It is a testimony to the power of the gospel!
I've included a slideshow of our little family and of the funeral, keep a look out for the video too, once I get the right format I will post it in the right side bar here. We love you baby Alexis!


18 comments:
Oh Amy. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. It breaks my heart. You and your family are in our prayers.
I love you! Can't wait to see you and Zach soon... and give you a great big hug. Just a couple of more days...
Amy and Zach, I wish that I could be there to wrap my arms around you. I love you! That is the sweetest tribute to cute little Alexis and your darling family. I can barely see what I am typing after watching the videos and reading your sweet words. You are amazing. My prayers are with you and your family.
Love, Jessica (Hendricks) Hansen
Amy and Zach,
What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful baby girl. So many love you and Zach, and you are becoming very aware of the sustaining power of our Heavenly Father. We don't understand when mortal experiences come into our lives, but one thing is sure and strong, and that is our Heavenly Fathers love for us. You are an awesome example of what a woman of God is.
Your Friend,
Mary Mercado
Amy,
You have been on my mind so much. I am so gratful for you that you have the gospel to help you get through this hard time. Take care of each other. See you soon
Dottie Yeates
Alexis is truly beautiful! I am so glad that you have such lovely pictures to remember her with until she is placed back in your arms!
Sincerely,
JoAnn Barnhart
Amy, I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog.? I know that you don't know me. I have been following the Hinkley's blog and I found yours from there. What a BEAUTIFUL little angel you have!!!
Words can't express the deep sorrow I feel for your family. I have never lost a child, but as a mother my heart goes out to you. What an inspiring person you. Your testimony is amazing!!! I can tell just from reading it that you're a very strong, and spiritual person!!! Try to remember in those very trying moments that are to come that we are never given more than we can handle, and when it seems too hard, just remember the poem of, "The Footprints in the Sand". Our Savior is there to lift us up and carry us when we are too weak!!! Your family will be in our prayers!
Thanks for sharing Amy. She truly is beautiful and perfect. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Thank you for sharing your sweet angel with us. I think we grow in this life, not only from our own experiences but also from the experiences of others. Much love to both of you.
She is so cute, I love the pictures. I love you guys! I hope we can see you soon.
Alexis's Mommy and Daddy
Hi, you don't know me...I linked to your blog throug the angel babies blog. We too are parents to an angel who was born still on July 1st of this year. His name is Branson. Like your beautiful Alexis, he was perfect in every way, but suffered a cord accident as well.
As I read your blog and watched your video tonight, I couldn't help but let the tears fall. My heart still hurts so badly as it yearns to be with our little guy, however, tonight it aches for you. I know a little of what lies ahead in your journey and I know it's not going to be easy for you. The knowledge of the gospel will help you face the hurdles you'll cross each day, but it doesn't take away the pain, heartache, or tears...so just let them fall.
Your pictures are just beautiful! We too had the angels from NILMDTS come and take our firt family photos. They are our greatest treasure! Thank you for sharing yours with us!
I would love to talk with you anytime. I know firsthand that talking to someone who has walked a similar path can be helful. My email address is
ncnataliecall@gmail.com
if you'd like we could chat through email, or you can email me your phone number and I'll call. I would also love for you to email me your address (if you feel comfortable) I have some things I would love to send you.
You can check out some photos of our little guy at his website
bransonjackcall.com
We will be keeping you in our prayers and you'll be in my thoughts daily.
Branson's Mom, Natalie
Your little girl was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
Your story made me cry. I am so, so sorry for your loss.
She'll be a lovely angel. :)
Amy,
I just watched your videos and they are priceless. You have a great treasure to remember your sweet angel. Going through what I have gone through, I felt great comfort in hanging on extra tight to my husband. You and Zac will grow closer because of this trial. It will be hard, but don't get angry at one another, hang onto each other. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need anything, please let me know.
Zach & Amy,
Thank you so much for sharing. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Robin Harrington & family
Amy I just heard the news and I am so so sorry! I used to work in labor and delivery and I was always amazed by the mother's strength when they would lose their baby. Heavenly Father knows that you can get through this, other wise it wouldn't have happened. I'm sure you've heard it before but it's got to be an honor to know that your little angel was so perfect that she just needed a body and then was ready to return to Heavenly Father's presence. You should be so proud of her. I admire you and your strength. And thanks for sharing your testimony, it has strengthened mine.
you're in my prayers. Hang in there
Rhonda Hoth
oh yeah, and she's just like you said, "perfect!" She is so pretty!!
Zach and Amy,
I clicked to your blog after Zach left a comment on my site at Normal Mormon Husbands. While I have never met either of you, your story has really touched my heart. You are truly amazing people. The doctrines of eternal families provides so much healing and hope. Your testimonies of it have lifted me up. May God bless your family.
-NMH
Zach and Amy,
I am one of the designers at ScrapMatters, where Leslie, Jeni and Megan have the charity collab kit out.
I read this post and cried a bucket of tears for you. But I praise God that you have your little angel in your lives. She is beyond beautiful, and I pray your lives will be blessed with more siblings for her. Be strengthened daily. I am one that has been touched by your story.
Post a Comment