Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sad day

So...tonight we found out something that made us very sad...well, added to the very sad we already are. The funeral home had our baby's clothes, the clothes that I had picked out to be her "going home outfit", and a blanket that she had been dressed in and wrapped up in at the hospital. They had them in these bags that the hospital had sent them in when the funeral home picked her up. Well, we saw them when we went to dress her before the funeral and I told the guy that I knew what they were but then we totally forgot about them with everything else going on...can you blame us?! So we remembered last week and went by the funeral home just two days after the funeral and the guy we had worked with wasn't there. The other people couldn't find them and they said they would talk to the guy we had worked with and he would call us. We never heard from him so Zach called today and he told him they had THROWN THEM OUT!! So they threw the only things we had that our baby had used in this life. It made me so angry! How could they do that? Who in their right mind would throw something like that away without ASKING instead of just assuming?! Ugh. I know I'm not being completely fair but it just makes me sooo sad! I was in tears. Anyway...sorry, I just needed to vent. Today has been a very sad day.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Natalie said...

How frustrating and incredibly heart breaking! That just doesn't seem fair. I wish I could go get them and bring them to you, as I know they would be some of the "things" you would treasure most about your day with Alexis. I am so sorry this happened.
I love you and will be praying for you and your husband to feel the love of your little girl surround you in her arms tonight.
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Amy, I know it's not the same as the blanket she was IN but I have a very special blanket and gown here that I would love for you to have if you would like. UGH I know it's not even close to the same, but would be something to remember her size and what you snuggled her in.
Maybe you could find the outfit you had picked out and have another blanket made? I'm sorry...that makes me sick!
Julie

Scott and Amy said...

Amy,

I came across your blog from a friends blog. I'm am so sorry. I lost my baby Aug 11, 2008 he was born 4 months premature. My heart aches for you. I know there really isn't anything I can say a total stranger that can help you. I am so sorry. I don't even know you and I am crying for you. Be stong and go to christ for everything. He loves you so much. Aleixs is so beautiful. I love you Amy I'm so sorry stay stong. I will keep you in my prayers.
love, Amy.
you can check out my blog at newportgneitings.blogspot.com if you want.

Sarah Garner said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry! You have every right to be upset! People make mistakes, but a funeral home of all places should understand how cherished every momento is to a family who has lost a loved one.

You've been and will continue to be in my prayers. Alexis really is closer than it seems. I hope you can feel her love and the love of the Savior as you begin the journey of healing. If you ever need to talk please feel free to contact me!

Sarah Garner

Kim said...

Amy this is Kim from work (adoption side), Anyway I just found out this week about your loss. I am so sorry and then to top it off with this. How insensitive to not even call you!!! I am so glad that you have pictures of her and the video is amazing.
I know that only Christ truly understands how you are feeling and the assurance that you will be able to be parents and raise and see and hold your little girl again can bring peace. You are in my thoughts.

Kimberly

Megan Turnidge said...

Amy, I just heard about your sweet Alexis. I am so sorry that you've had to deal with such heartache and my heart aches for you. I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out and my heart goes out to you. She is so precious and beautiful. I am amazed at your strength and testimony. (((BIG HUGS))), Amy. I know there's nothing I can say to comfort you, but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Hubers said...

Wow- I came across your blog from my sister.. I don't even know you, but my heart goes out to you!! You will be in my prayers.. What a rough time for you.. We hope the best for you and your family in this hard time.. Your little Alexis is a beautiful little angel! Kylynne Huber (lilsis01@hotmail.com)

Maggie Lynn said...

Hey Amy-
This is Maggie from China. I came across your blog from a friends blog who has a handsome little angel too.
You have such a beautiful little girl! Just look at that head full of hair! She's got such perfect little toes, fingers, ears, and such a kissable little mouth. What a sweet baby. I would love to hear all about her and her sweet spirit.
I'm so sorry we haven't kept in touch. Know that you are in the hearts and prayers of many around you, and all around the world. Much love- Maggie (mnbowman@gmail.com)

Kim said...

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. I had a similar incident with my daughter -- pictures taken at Sears and they threw away the negatives. I will never have those pictures again, just like you will not have those clothes.
I am just so so sorry. Please know you are not alone.

Brittanie said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. (hug) I went a different route than a funeral for my Cora (we had her cremated since we were not going to be staying for any length of time where we were living and I couldn't bear to bury her and then move away. We spread her ashes later), so I have everything that we had for her, but I can imagine how much that hurts. I'm so sorry that you have to join the ranks of those of us with angels. But the promise of eternity is a beautiful one, and it is the only thing that gets me through the hard times. It's been nearly 3 years for me, and sometimes it feels just like yesterday. (hugs) I hope you can receive the peace that I know the Savior has for you.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Oh this is horrible. I'm so sorry Amy.

Quinn said...

Oh, Amy! How awful!!! I'm sooooo sorry... love you