Harry Potter mania has swept the nation. On opening night, the movie made over 12 million dollars alone. That has to be some kind of record. Despite some not so good reviews, Amy and I went to see the new installment last night in the IMAX 3D Theatre.
We went with my good friend Wes and his wife, Lindsay. The concept and idea of the illustrious IMAX theatre seemed to flash in our minds and eyes like those cartoon characters who have dollar signs when they are being greedy or hearts when they are in love. Our pupils had turned into little 3D glasses.
We bought our tickets a week in advance to ensure a good seat. so, we had all week to build up the excitement. When last night came, we were running late... actually not surprising. I seem to be running late a lot. But we counted on the previews to buy us some time.
Side Note: I love the previews. I don't know what it is about them, but I like to see the upcoming attractions so I know what to look forward to.
Anyway... back to the IMAX. We got there and I ran to get in and see the last of the previews while Amy went to get some eats. To my surprise, the movie had already started! We were late, but only about 5 minutes. I found my friend and our seats and asked him what was up. He said there were no previews, the movie just started. Well, that kind of put me in a bad mood. I don't like coming into a movie late. You feel lost and not sure what's going on.
Regardless, the movie was phenomenal. I was very impressed. I have never read the Harry Potter books like Amy has, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Not a bit boring. I have no complaints about the movie itself. The theatre on the other hand...
Now, the purpose of the IMAX theatre is to give an added experience to the movie. The bonus of IMAX is the huge screen and added 3D effects. Well, the screen was definitely huge, no complaints there. But the 3D effects left me unsatisfied. First of all, it was only 15 minutes of the movie at the climax... and they weren't even that great... "Meet the Robinsons" in 3D was much better.
My other complaint with the theatre were the hard as a board seats. When you go to a movie theatre, you want to be comfortable. These seats were NOT comfortable. My only thought is that they were trying to keep you awake to watch the movie.
I will definitely think twice before seeing another movie in the IMAX theatre, and I hope you will too.
No comments:
Post a Comment