Friday, July 27, 2007

Boca Jrs. vs. Real Salt Lake

June 24th marked the 60th anniversary of the pioneer's arrival in the Salt Lake Valley. That means the famous 24th of July festivities.

I love state holidays, especially because I get work off. Unfortunately, Amy did not. So she went to work and I stayed home and watched the parade. Luckily Amy got off work early, so we made plans to go to the Boca vs. Real Salt Lake soccer game. I'd wanted to go to a Real Salt Lake game before. Soccer is my favorite sport. Boca Jrs. is an Argentine superteam. I believe they won the South American cup last year. I had heard Boca was coming a while ago. Even though I am more of a River fan, I still appreciate a fine Argentine soccer team (I served my mission in Argentina), but knew the price would not be cheap...

Then I found out that good 'ol KFC offers amazingly discounted tickets. The Coronel has always been good like that. We jumped on the chance. When we arrived at the game, it was fun to see all the Boca jerseys and Argentine jerseys. Made me wish I'd worn my Argentina jersey.






They were supposed to have fireworks following the game, but because of the recent forest fires Utah has had, two from the 4th of July, the fireworks were canceled - Downside. Upside - We got a voucher for $5 tickets to tomorrow's game against the New England Revolution... GOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

The game was great! Even if it did end in a 1 to 1 tie. Amy didn't see the whole game, she was reading the new Harry Potter book, which according to Amy, is great.




It started to rain a little bit during the game. Good thing Amy had her handy, dandy polka dot umbrella. She's reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. She just couldn't put it down, even for Boca.










It was an intense game... both teams were great and even though it was a low scoring game, it was still great.









Boca player #3, Claudio Rodriguez, took quite the foul. The was taken out for the rest of the game.








The game ended up a 1 to 1 tie. And even without the fireworks, it was a wonderful night.

No comments: