Welcome to another update from your favorite newlyweds. Not much has changed for us. We are still just working along and counting down till we are done with school. It seems so close, yet so far away. I have 3 more weeks of my class and 3 more editions of the school newspaper to publish. It's going well, nothing pulitzer prize winning, but at least I've made the front page every week. I am also working for the college run television station as a producer for our movie review show. A bonus is I know all about all the upcoming movie releases. We went and saw Nancy Drew on Friday with my friend Wes and his wife, Lindsay. All of you who were a fan of Nancy Drew books will find this mystery engaging and entertaining. It was cute, clean, and witty. I found myself laughing out loud at various times during the movie.
Last week was the Amy's mom's Family Reunion. I know you were all sad to miss that. It was fun times and it was fun to spend time with the family that did come to the reunion. Unforgettable memories include Dad and I winning the pie eating contest in our respective age divisions, 105 degree weather, and grandma showering the family with starbursts. I participated in a friendly game of ultimate frisbee and about had a heart attack. (ok, not really. But it painfully reminded me how out of shape I am.)
We were honored to have our first houseguest this past weekend. Amy's mom decided to stay the rest of the week after the reunion to clean out the Provo storage unit. It was the end of an era as we sorted through the boxes and cleared out the keepsakes. I suppose it comes from being the last to use it, but Amy had a lot of boxes in that storage unit. Just when I thought we were finishing, she pulled out another one. But we found a lot of hidden treasures. I was particularly amazed at a teal sequin dress I was told was Cinda's (Amy's sister) and a turquose lace full length night gown that we speculated was Jenny's (Amy's sister). Wow, just wow. Anyway, Mom spent the night Saturday night. Our apartment is small, but we made it work. Mom came to church with us and then being the wonderfully kind person she is, came with us to my step-cousin's homecoming. It was fun having her spend the night. We love you all and can't wait till we get to see you!
Love-Zach and Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment