Now, i'm no doctor, but I can tell when an epidemic has swept the nation. When I find an article on the internet to support my theory, I know i'm right. Click here to see the article.
TMI, or formally known as Too Much Information Disease, is something that frequently occurs fequently in everyday conversation. I was a victim of TMI today.
As part of my job, I track payments posted to student accounts. One of our Enrollment Advisors (the people who recruit students to the school, we will call her Sue) asked me if a particular student had paid her initial tuition payment. I checked and, sure enough, she had. I told Sue it was posted and she didn't believe me. After a thorough convincing, I was able to assure Sue it was paid.
I talked to her supervisor, who we will call Cindy, to make sure the program was running smoothly and to ensure I wasn't the only one that could see the payment. Cindy confirmed the program was working fine. I proceeded to relate how Sue had approached me about not being able to see the payment posted.
I then got an earful about how Cindy was so sick of Sue complaining and how she's had to put up with it for 13 years. I didn't know what to say... I mean, what do you say, I'm sorry didn't seem appropriate.
Everyday we experience TMI, or overshare. It is a painfully awkward feeling from too much pent up frustration. Please share your frustrations with a loved one so that we don't hold others victim to our TMI.
No comments:
Post a Comment